- Download driving directions
- Breakfast is served from 7:30-8:30. Lunch is served from 12:30-13:30. Dinner is served from 19:00-20:00.
- On Monday evening, we will have a pre-dinner welcome reception / wine tasting.
- Reservations have been made for all participants at the Mont Fleur Conference Centre. Ground transportation has been arranged from Cape Town International Airport to Stellenbosch.
- The first official session will be held at 16:00 on Sunday 16 December.
- All DAIDD participants are expected to engage fully in the clinic program. This includes attending all DAIDD sessions.
- Please be aware that participants come from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures. This diversity adds greatly to the DAIDD experience, and all participants should strive to create a welcoming, respectful learning environment.
- Laptop use will not be allowed in the lecture hall during lectures or discussions.
- Please turn your cell phones to silent and refrain from checking them while we are in session.
Things to bring or buy
- If you are coming from abroad and bringing any electronics with you, you will need appropriate electrical converters and plug adapters. Phones and computers (and some digital cameras) usually come with a converter. Plug adapters can be purchased at most pharmacies and grocery stores. If you would like to purchase adapters before you arrive, you can use any of the plug types described on this page at AIMS. We recommend purchasing grounded adapters if you have the option.
- SIM cards for mobile phones (GSM only) can be purchased at the airport or at any grocery store. South Africa has strict regulations for registration of SIM cards so you’ll need to bring proof of identity (passport) and proof of address (the program information document and any printed letter of invitation to the workshop should suffice).